It's only 7 hours until I take off from the UK and embark on my mighty journey. I'm all packed and as ready to go as I can be. I honestly can't fit anymore in my backpack. Packing for 5 months is more frightening than the trip itself! Anyway, time to tell you about my plan.
My journey is separated into two halves. The first, is South East Asia, where my trusty travel companion is a Miss Annabel Hartle. Annabel and I have lived together for 3 years now, so we should make a pretty good travel partnership. I mean, we've seen each other at our worst (and best) so we should be prepared for anything we through at each other! Plus, we're both newbies at this game. We went straight from school to University, and have had relatively little travel experience. It's epic for us both - and I think that is important.
We were both very keen to travel around Asia, namely Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Both of us have been at the receiving end of our gap year friends ranting and raving about the islands, tubing, the Koh San Road and how "amazing" it all was. Of course, we pretended we didn't care that we were missing out. We lied. So it was the natural first stop to make. Party time, relaxing time, just one big, two and half month holiday! After six plus months of constantly working (sometimes with seven day weeks) I think I deserve it.
The second leg of my trip, still seems so far away, but so enormous. It's my beloved South America. Probably number one on my list of places to visit, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and Brazil are all on my agenda.
After visiting Costa Rica and Nicaragua back in 2009, I had a hunger to get back to Latin America. I fell in love with the latin culture, and just had to get back. Annabel felt like this for New Zealand...and whilst it's up there for me, I had to make a choice. South America won.
So Annabel and I will split up after Asia, to follow our own individual choices.Yet, I shall meet another keen explorer out in Buenos Aires: Miss Tash Ozeren. Tash will be my next crazy companion to assist me on a tougher but thrilling South American adventure. That, is another story for the future...
Back to now. Tonight, we fly to Bangkok. I still don't think that it has sunk in. In 7 hours, I leave home for five whole months! After so much planning, stressing, working, saving, we're finally here at this day and it still hasn't sunk in! It'll hit me at the airport. Butterflies will attack and Bells and I will be jumping around like crazy.
Well that's me done, next stop THAILAND. I've already had to say most goodbyes...and they weren't all happy. I will miss a lot of very special people, who are the only necessities that I haven't tried to fit in my backpack. So rest assured I'll be back...one day.
Until next time...
S x
No comments:
Post a Comment